How We Obtain Our Data
We continuously analyze publicly available data on a rotating basis. Our goal is to list and update as many nursing schools as we can each year. We review a variety of data sources to accomplish this goal. Below is a sample of the data sources we use to compile our database of nursing schools:
- Thousands of individual nursing school websites.
- Every state board of nursing or licensing website.
- National League for Nursing review of granted nursing program accreditation.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing review of granted nursing program accreditation.
- National Center for Education Statistics review of colleges, majors, and their publicly available information such as enrollment and the cost of tuition.
- Feedback from individual nursing schools.
We also frequently write about nursing degree types, nursing careers, and the latest nursing news. For such articles and content we generally link back to any data source or provide a citation, for example.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our data collection practices. We do not share or license our data with third parties.
Last updated: June 18, 2018